Duty of Care
to Raceday Patrons
The Broome Turf Club Management and Committee are strongly committed to providing a safe, secure and pleasant experience to all racegoers. In our efforts to achieve this we ask that patrons be aware of the following.
- A free bus service will be provided between the hours of 4.30pm and 8.00pm. Buses will do a set circuit via Cable Beach, Roebuck estate, Chinatown, Town Beach and Reid Road. The service will leave the race course approximately every 15 minutes.
- Taxis will be available from the Taxis Rank only. Patrons are advised not to walk down the road as they will NOT be picked up by either the Buses or Taxi’s.
- All gates will close at 5.30pm sharp. No entry onto the race course will be permitted after this time.
- ATM facilities are available outside the main Tote Building. EFTPOS facilities are available at all the Bars, and the Raceday Kiosk there is no cash out available at these EFTPOS machines.
- BTC Memberships may be available for purchase either online at www.broometurfclub.com.au or at the Raceday Kiosk.
- Thongs and Singlets are not permitted in the Members or Sponsors areas.
- All sections of the Members and Sponsors area are now strictly smoke free.
- Juveniles under the age of 18 will not be permitted onto the Broome racecourse unless accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- Alcohol is not permitted onto or allowed to be taken of the racecourse under any circumstance. Bags eskies etc. will be checked and if caught the alcohol will be confiscated.
- Intoxicated persons will not be permitted onto the racecourse. Intoxicated people on course throughout the day will be escorted off the racecourse.
- All bars will close at 8.00pm with last drinks being called at 7.45pm. Gaming and entertainment will finish at 8.00pm sharp.
- All persons over the age of 2 will be charged full admission price on both Ladies Day and Broome Cup Day. Juveniles will not have access to the Members or Sponsor Areas on these two days.
- Anti-social or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated at the Broome Turf Club. Offenders will be banned from future race meetings.